Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy Weekend!

So what do you call a weekend that includes a best friend’s wedding, your husband’s birthday and Mother’s day wrapped all into one...Tiring!!!

First, we would like to extend our very happy, heartfelt congratulations to two people we love! Stefano and Toni have been waiting for a very long time for this day...it it finally came! They deserve their very own happy ending and we could not be happier for them. We wish them the best life together and many fun times with them in our future!!! I wish I could post a picture, but some how the nights got away from me and I did not get a pic of the bride and groom together at all!!! Agh...I am so mad at myself for that! I am going to scrounge and see what I can find to post!


Their rehearsal dinner was Thursday night and Brian being in the wedding had prepared a toast for his best friend Stefano! He wanted it to be perfect and talk about what Stefano means to him. It was a great speech and I think everyone knew how important Stefano and Brian’s friendship is to both of them! Here is a picture of Brian giving his toast!



It was a delicious sit down dinner at the New Orleans Country Club with a great jazz band playing in the background. I believe everyone was on their best behavior and I think some gentlemen even had curfews for the night! The wedding was black tie and at 7:00pm, but the next day had many tasks for the groomsmen and they needed to all  be well rested!


















The next day was Friday, May 7th! The day Brian Banta entered this world...anybody hear angels singing??? Alright, so maybe he is not as important to some of you as he is to Christian, Henley and I! In Brian like fashion, “don’t they know who I be?” Well, to the three of us he is our best friend and someone who we probably do not tell enough how much we love him! I believe the kids when asked, “who is your best friend” they both say, “ Daddy!!” :) When Toni and Stefano called to ask if Brian minded if they got married on his birthday, he told them he would be honored! The day of the wedding everyone kept telling him Happy Birthday and that it was his day! Brian would just smile politely and say, “thanks, but it is Stefano and Toni’s day today!” I personally thought that it was very sweet how Brian wanted this particular May 7th to be their day!!! We love you and hope you had a great birthday! We had already celebrated Brian’s birthday and given him his gifts before we left for New Orleans! We also went to Cafe Du Monde for breakfast with some friends that morning and had mimosa’s too! We love some New Orleans beignets!!! Powdered sugar from your head to your toes!!!



The Wedding was at 7:00pm Friday night, but the boys all had to go and try on and pick up their  tuxes! They were leaving around 1:30 so I met up with a friend and we had lunch and drinks! I am enjoying my adult beverages while I still can because soon enough I will have to for go them for awhile! Anyway, our friend Farron invited me to have drinks before the wedding and ride together too! So Brian left at 4:30 to meet up with Stefano and I met Farron and her husband Wade around 5:15. I had to call a friend to come to my room and zip up my dress because I could not do it by myself! :)



The wedding was a beautiful Catholic ceremony...being Catholic I enjoyed it and the length was not too long! Toni was absolutely beautiful and her father and son Riley walked her down the isle! It was so sweet that he was a part of giving his mother away! Stefano was quite handsome in his tux and showed NO signs of nervousness! I know they were both relieved when it was over and the party was just getting started!

The reception was at the New Orleans Country Club and they had great food and Great entertainment! I think anyone who went to an SEC school knows who Super T is...right? Well, Super Tyrone was the band they had playing at the reception and he is a blast!!! He played at Auburn all the time and we were always there dancing into the wee hours of the night! It was fun to take a little trip back in time to the old college days! :)

Toni and Stefano did something that was a lot of fun for everybody at the reception. They had a photo booth for all their guests to get into sometime during the night. Then when you were down with your photos, you cut them out and glued them in a book. Along with your picture you wrote a message to the new couple for them to remember and look back on!





I can only tell you that the more people drank, the more funny the pictures became! I would love to see the book and what all their friends put into it! Great idea! It was a fun thing to do and you even got to keep some of your pictures! Congratulations guys! We love you both and wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!


Now, the final event of the weekend was Mother’s Day! We flew home on Saturday and had all day with the kids. Brian got up with Henley Sunday morning at the crack of dawn when our little sunshine likes to rise! Although, it was not very long before she was in our room hollering for her mommy! The kids gave me cards and a manicure and pedicure...which I cashed in later that afternoon! We all ate breakfast and went to church. We all just relaxed that afternoon and Brian cooked dinner for us that evening! It was a nice day spent with the family. I am so blessed to have such a loving husband and wonderful children whom I adore! Unfortunately, I am the only one in my household who takes photographs so there is not one of me and the kids to post from this occaison!

                  

No comments: