Wednesday, May 16, 2007

" The Zoo""







Today I decided it would be fun to take Christian to the Birmingham Zoo. Since I have not been there in probably 15 years either, I thought it would be an adventure. Well, I have to say that apparently all animals take naps in the afternoon or they were just seeking refuge from the heat! We went to the Children's Zoo first, which is actually a petting zoo and Christian got to get up close and personal with some goats, cows, chickens and ponies. I did not exactly let him pet these animals because the word Sanitary comes to mind when I looked at them! He did find them quite interesting and would probably have stuck them in his mouth given the opportunity! We trudged around and saw some otters... I think and some other random animals in the petting zoo. This was fine, but I wanted him to see bigger and better animals like Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my!!!!! Well we set off looking for the monkeys because this is affectionately what I call Christian. Since he has been crawling and pulling up on everything this name is definitely suiting him very well!!! Christian was able to see some monkeys for a short time, but then they stopped playing and took a rest up high in the trees where his little eyes could not find them! We kept going and went inside to see the indoor monkeys and baboons and obviously it was nap time because all were asleep and nothing to be seen! Disappointing, but we kept going hoping for some sign of life. Finally we realized Christian would meet the monkeys another day! We decided that it would be fun to take a break and ride the carousel and have some food or bottle! After the carousel, which Christian enjoyed immensely we had a snack and Christian fell in love with Popsicles! I definitely have them on the shopping list for the next grocery run! Next stop were the zebras, giraffes, elephants and larger animals! By now my little monkey was getting tired and fading very quickly! As we quickly strolled around I tried to get him interested in all these animals, but he was not having any of it and neither were the animals....considering they were all asleep! Last stop was the train ride around the zoo and my little man was asleep. A tiring adventure at the zoo for this little guy too!

No comments: