Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Day!

Today was a big day for Brian and I, but also for Christian! Today we had our 20 week ultrasound to make sure the baby is healthy and growing perfectly. We also could find out the sex, but we decided to wait? JUST KIDDING! That could never happen in this Banta Household! Brian and I have no patience what so ever so waiting was definitely not an option. Before we get to that I will be happy to let you know that this baby is healthy and growing perfectly. Weighing in at a whopping 9 oz he is just chilling out in there. Oh...did I say he? I meant SHE... yep Brian and I are expecting are little girl this fall! I think I am still in shock because I just knew I was destined for a life full of rambunctious, hyper out of control boys. I think God knew I needed a little bit of sanity in my life! I am hoping for just that because everyone tells me girls are easier when they are little. Once they get older....that is another story! When the ultrasound tech told me it was a girl, I asked her "Are you sure?" It took me a minute to let it sink in that we are so blessed to get one of each.


I do hate to tell you this next part. The name of are little one is going to be kept a secret. I know people hate that, but I just do not want it getting out. Do not bother asking family members either because they have all been sworn to secrecy. They will be disowned if they leak any information! When the due date gets a little closer we will let everyone know her name. I still feel funny saying she instead of he. Speaking of he our little man is not quite sure what is going on and I am pretty sure he is not going to be happy. We try to explain that there is a baby in mommy's belly, but he just does not get it. He will hug and kiss my belly which is probably the sweetest thing ever. He will point to my belly when asked where is the baby, but he also does this to Brian too. Pretty sure he is not getting it!!! I look at him and just can not believe how big he has gotten. He is still my baby and he is growing up so fast I can not stand it! I love my little monkey more and more each day and I just do not know how that is possible. This time in our life is so exciting, but so overwhelming. I have mixed emotions because we are getting this precious new gift from God, but at the same time my other baby is growing up so quickly. How do you share your time, your love and how is Christian going to be with sharing these things? It will be tough in the beginning, but it is a challenge I am happy to take on. We are going to try and make this transition as easy as possible for Christian. We have been talking about getting him a big boy bed and starting that new adventure. Just one more sign how my little boy is growing up so fast! We want to make sure he never feels left out or that this new baby is taking his place. Any suggestions from all you moms out there is appreciated. I think I have heard it all, but you never know what will work best for your child.

That is all for now, but I will keep you posted on the growth of our family. Christian has started ISR (infant swimming resource) classes and I will post pictures and video of that later this week. If you have never heard of this class, you should check it out online @infantswim.com It is unbeleivable what they teach these kids and it can save their life!

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

Congrats on the little girl!