Sunday, July 20, 2008

Baby Update!!!!!

I went for a check up last week and was curious to talk to my OB about all the contractions and the Breathine I had been put on to control them. I had not seen her in the hospital the times I had gone in to be monitored. She did not seem worried about them especially since the medicine seemed to be doing its job. I was warned however if I had four or more real strong contractions in an hour to call immediately. I was also told to take it easy and drink lots of fluids to keep hydrated, but other than that things are back to normal. I try to rest when I can, but running after Christian is a chore! I was surprised to find that I had not gained any weight this past four weeks which is wonderful considering I was on vacation for two weeks straight at the beach. My belly is measuring perfectly and her heartbeat sounds wonderful. I like every other pregnant women prefers to count down the closer you get to your due date..... it sounds better!!!! That being said, I have around ten weeks to go. I am 28 weeks, but they took Christian by c-section at 38 weeks. I am hoping for the same scenario with this little angel unless she decides to grace us with her presence earlier. We switched hospitals from Brookwood to St. Vincents and I heard their policies are a little different on inducing because it is a Catholic hospital? I will find out soon enough because when I get to 35 weeks my doctor said we would pick a date for the c-section. Which will be in a couple more visits now that I get to start going every two weeks to the doctor. Brian wants to do a 4-D with her too, but I would like to wait. If we decide to do this ultrasound I will post the pictures. It is best done between 29 and 32 weeks.

Brian and I also had some pictures taken of our growing family and if you would like to view them go to heatherswannerphotography.com/banta
Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: