Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reality Sets In......

Last night we had our good friends the Copelands over for dinner. Elijah is Christian's best buddy whom he plays with regularly and Preston his older brother. They recently added to their family with a third little boy Porter. Porter is a few weeks old and I sit and marvel at how tiny he seems to be. I just do not remember how small they are in the beginning of life! I watch how the boys interact with the baby and Christian too! He seems very loving and even wanted to hold the baby! Susan, such the trooper let all the boys hold him and It made me so nervous! Christian was absolutely adorable. He held Porter and kissed his head and just squeezed him sweetly! He touched his feet and said, "feet" and just hugged him! I love that he is so sweet with the baby, but I am not so sure that is how he will be with his sister. I know he will not especially like her when he is use to mommies 100% attention. When we took Porter away from him he cried and said, "More, More"!

The reality of this story is that I can not believe my baby is no longer about to be My Baby! The Copelands were telling me about how small they use to think Elijah was and how he was always their baby until the new one came along! I was watching Christian last night and just how sweet and loving he can be and can not believe he will soon look more like a child and no longer a baby! I can not believe he is about to be two! He is in such a fun stage. I love that he talks and communicates with us....most of the time without a tantrum! However, he is also entering that stage of independence that he wants to do things himself and do not touch me attitude! I am trying to just enjoy him as much as I possibly can right now. I know soon it will be more difficult to have mommy and Christian time alone! I savor every kiss and snuggle he gives me because one day those will be few and far between! I hope that I will be able to give both of them undivided attention every day! We will see soon enough! I definitely have my work cut out for me!

No comments: