Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When Irish eyes are smiling...there always up to something!

If you are lucky enough to be Irish... then you are lucky enough! With a maiden name of Murphy could I be anything other than Irish? Alright so I have a little mix of other things, but I am mostly an Irish girl! My father's grandfather came over on the boat and I wish I could have met him! I grew up hearing stories of leprechans and hearing old Irish wives tales...with an Irish accent :>)!!! This makes our children part Irish and so of course I will pass on the stories and traditions that come with this fun Holiday! I hope to travel with my family to Ireland one day and meet family that is still over there! My Cousin Bill has done this huge family tree and has tracked down and met relatives in Ireland! My family actually traveled over there two years ago, but I could not take Christian out of town for two weeks that young!

Well we started our day dressing in green! Christian had a shirt that says, "kiss me I am Irish", but he refused to wear it! I did get him to wear green...finally! I had a little dress for Henley that has green shamrocks all over it and she did not fight me to wear it!!! It was a beautiful day in Birmingham and we wanted to get out of the house! When we had finished breakfast we headed out and about to run errands. Christian was being so well behaved I decided to stop at Edgar's Bakery and get him a cookie for St. Patrick's Day! They had green Shamrock cookies and green cupcakes and Christian did not know what he wanted to eat! We finally settled on a cupcake and sat down to eat it outside! We played at the park in the afternoon and headed over to my parents for dinner! I have been without any help for two weeks and dinner at my parents was a much needed break! I do not have to cook and my father entertains the kids!

There was nothing Irish about our dinner, but we did have green beer! Christian had a green drink too ( non-alcoholic)! He thought he was hot to trot with his green beverage! Christian would click our drinks and say, " Cheers...Happy St. Paddy's Day!" I have a sneaking suspicion that he will one day love this holiday too! Henley had no clue what the fuss was about, but she took interest in the green drinks! Here are some pictures!

No comments: