Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!

This year I decided that I wanted a real live tree! As long as I can remember I have never had anything, but a fake tree! My family and I have had severe allergies to mold and mildew that can accumulate on a Christmas tree over time! However, this year I wanted to take that chance and see how our family would fair with a live tree! I must say, that I had no idea the work that goes into picking out a tree, getting it home and then getting it up in your house!
I must tell you that I am a bargain tree hunter because I refused to pay $130-160 dollars for something I would throw at the end of my driveway in a month!!! We have ten foot ceilings and I wanted to find something big and full to put in the house! Brian was out of town so I enlisted my dad to help Christian and I pick out a tree! I must tell you what a patient and wonderful father I have because I did not inherit those qualities. I drug him all over town trying to find a tree that was perfect and not too expensive! We looked and looked and then we found it! A big beautiful Frasier Fir from the Home Depot! The freaking Home Depot had the best trees and they were CHEAP! I bought a tree that was a little over nine feet for under $55 dollars! :) Yeah...now how were we going to get this thing home and into our house with little ole me and a three year old? Now, do not get me wrong my dad is in great condition and in fact training for a marathon as we speak! However, would I be able to help in this task? I had no idea what to do! Thank the Lord my dad seems to know it all! We got that tree home, in my house and standing straight in no time at all! HA HA...I think it took a good two hours to get that heavy monster in our house! We strung the lights on the tree or should I say, my perfectionist father did that honor? I cooked dinner for him and my mom as a thank you and I do appreciate the help! I had a great day with my dad picking out a tree it was a lot of fun and a wonderful memory for Christian! Christian actually put the star on the top of the tree with some assistance...of course!
On a final note, it is now the 19th of December and knock on wood there are no allergy problems happening in this household! The tree is beautiful and smells sooo wonderful every time I walk in the room! This is another tradition we hope to keep for a long time! Wow, to think what I was missing out on...I do not even mind cleaning up the needles daily! Somehow I did not get a picture of the final product? It was beautiful and took some time to decorate with two little ones! You can see a picture in the Christmas day photos!

No comments: