Thursday, September 13, 2007

Birthday Boy Pictures

Alright, so I might not be the best mom to roam the earth! Christian has not had another party to make up for his 1st birthday! Life is so hectic and it is hard to get things together especially occaisons that have come and gone! Labor day weekend at my moms house we did have cupcakes, which my sister made for Christian and we sang him Happy Birthday! There were even candles however, I did not have my camera! Christian was still a little shy about digging in to the cupcakes, but I have no doubt that that will not be an issue next year! I am going to post some pictures of his Birthday Party where you can see how cute his cake was and all his presents! Christian was not feeling well that day, but he sure was a trooper! He was not so sure about the cake eating, but he did stick his fingers in it and almost his mouth! He had his own separate cake that was a monkey, just like him!












The cake that the guest ate was just as cute as Christian's! Angels in Crestline does a great job for any child's birthday! I highly recommend them to all mother's! The cakes also taste fabulous, which makes it even better! Unfortunately, I threw the leftovers away because mom does not need her behind growing any bigger than it already is!!





Christian got some great gifts and a few of his favorites are; the chair that mommy and daddy got him to sit in. He likes to climb in the chair and just hang out! It is adorable! He also loves the learning table from his Nene and Poppy and the big red wagon from Grandma and Grandpa! When he was sick, this wagon was one of the only things that would make him smile! Hence, the picture of him sleeping in it! We would pull him around and he would smile, which was few and far between during that week!
















While Christian was sleeping some of the children played the Nintendo Wii upstairs and some played with all his new toys! I think everyone had a good time that afternoon! We were so glad that all of are family and friends came out to celebrate such a monumental occasion! When Christian woke up that afternoon he played with some of his toys, but became obsessed with this monkey balloon I bought for the party! I think a good time was had by all! I never new a birthday party could be so much work! Whoever invented the idea to give away gifts to all children that come to the party, must have had a lot of time on their hands! I think that was the most time consuming thing on the birthday to do list! However, everybody has called to tell me how much they loved the gifts! Christian gave all his friends C.D.'s that had eighteen nursery rhymes on them, new and old! I was afraid that some of the older kids would not like them, but they loved them too! I was so glad I did it! The front of the C.D. had Christian's picture and a sticker telling them thank you for coming to my birthday party! He also gave away cookies that had monkey's on them and his name! My sister had these made as a gift to him! Heather's neighbor is a caterer and she made them! They were delicious!






I





It was a great birthday and I only hope that next year Christian will enjoy it more than ever! Happy Birthday to our little monkey, we are so glad you are feeling better! We love you!





No comments: