Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow






Well today was a day of firsts, not only for Christian, but Birmingham too! We have had some flurries in past years, but not snow ( not since I was in College)! They had been predicting snow for Saturday, but I thought yeah I will believe it when I see it! Our cable has been out since yesterday so I have not been able to see the news. I have been getting updates of the weather from my parents! Well, this morning it started to snow around 9:30 pretty good. I was not sure that it would stick because it has been in the 40's, but it stayed around for a few hours! Christian has never seen the snow, so I bundled him up and took him out to play! He loves being outside and in fact I can not keep him in the house unless I lock the doggie door!!! He does not mind the cold at all and I think he would freeze before having to come into the house. We played out in the drive way and down on the street! The lake in front of our house was beautiful with all the snow in the trees and falling steadily! The snow was very wet because it was not freezing here in Birmingham. After a little bit we were just getting wet....so we decided to go back in the house! Christian of course through one of his famous fits because he was not getting to stay outside! His way or the highway is the new motto with him these days! I came in and watched from the window at the beauty of snow! It is so peaceful! I wish we had it more often! I know those of you who get it often would disagree, but once in awhile would be great! The dogs were having a blast playing in the snow. Cold weather always makes them a little frisky!
As I am writing this blog the snow is all about gone, but it is supposed to get really cold tonight! They are worried about the roads icing over. I think Brian and I will park are cars on the street tonight just in case it does ice! Our driveway is ridiculously steep for anyone who does not know! If we got ice then we might end up in the lake across the street!!!! I hope you enjoy the pictures! We are all going to Tahoe in March so this is just a glimpse for Christian what he will see there!!!

No comments: