Friday, February 1, 2008

The things we do for our Children.....

To some people this is not new information, but I want to take a minute to pat myself on the back! Everybody that lives in a decent size town knows all to well what a pain it can be to get your child in a preschool program! Christian goes to a mothers day out program at our neighborhood church two days a week. I have been desperately trying to get him into a program at St. Stephens Preschool in Birmingham. He was second on that list the whole last year and never moved! So frustrating!!! Well, they start over every year for enrollment and if you were on the list than too bad! So what is a mother to do??? Whatever she needs to do to get her child in the program. After everyone and their mother had a chance to register....it was out turn! TWO spots left for his age group and I'll be damned he was geting in!!!!! The doors opened at 6:00am and registration was at 9:00. Yep you heard right...get there and sit there for three hours??? Crazy I know, but I had a plan! I had spoken with the director the day before and she told me not to be there untio 7:00 because that is usually when they opened the doors! She said only the crazy people got there earlier than that!!! Well call me crazy because I was not taking a chance! I was at that church at 5:45 am and YES I was the first crazy person there! However, at least five other crazies followed behind me! This program is so great and I was not about to take any chances of Christian not getting in! His best friend Elijah Copeland is in the same class and they are going to have a blast! The program is three days a week. It is not just mothers day out it is a learning program. I am thrilled that he will be learning Spanish next year! I figure someone in our family should know how to speak it because it is the new language of our great country! Anyhow, I am thrilled and Christian will have so much fun learning and playing next year!!!

No comments: