Saturday, February 16, 2008

We will Miss You!!!!


I am writing this blog with sadness and much joy too.... my sister Heather moved to Indianapolis this past week. We will all miss her terribly, but it is a great new adventure for her to be going on! Heather moved to Indianapolis to work for the great company of Eli Lilly in thier Bio Statistics division. She will be assissting in the statistical data for clinical trials on new medications. Very interesting!
Anyhow, I believe the high there the other day was around 9 degrees....burr not the weather we southerners are use too. We have known for awhile that she was going to be moving, but it sure snuck up on us quickly. Christian and I have been trying to spend more time with her before she left and I must say, she will be missed by us all! Christian is very fond of his Aunt and has actually mastered her name. Heather is not an easy task for a youngster, but he says, Eather. Every time he says her name he justs laughs and is so pround of himself! I triedto get it on video to put on this blog, but unfortunately he does not talk on command these days! Last week we went over to her house and took his tricylce. We rode and walked around the neighborhood. Heather has some big rocks over by her house and Christian loves to climb up them, so we headed over that direction. We played on the rocks and then went back to her house where we packed up for lunch. We took a trip to Chick-fil-a where Christian proceeded to be the loudest person in the place! After lunch we went back to her house to play for awhile. Heather has this foot massage thing that vibrates when you put pressure on it and Christian thinks it is hilarious. He will walk over to it and step on it and then just laugh and smile. He will do this repeatedly over and over until everyone is in stiches from laughing so hard! She also had some left over Mardi Gras beads, which Christian loves to put them on. I think he might follow in his father's footsteps in his love for Mardi Gras and throwing beads. However, he will not be attending any parades in the near future!
This past Tuesday when they were packing up her house Christian and I went over to visit. I figured he would like the big packing truck! I was right! I left him to spend some time with Heather and went and ran an errand. When I got back, I discovered that he had been quite the little helper. Christian had been playing in the boxes and helping the movers tape the boxes together! I even got to see some of his handy work! I do not think his future is in packing boxes! However, he had a blast playing with all of the paper and boxes etc.... I think I chased him up and down the ramp to the truck about fifty times! He was having a field day and the movers thought he was adorable. I knew he was in the way, so I finally packed him up and took him home for a nap!
Tuesday night with no bed in her house, Heather spent the night with us at our home. It was nice because she got to spend some more time with me and Christian. Wednesday morning was supposed to me the big move, but she spent most of the day cleaning her house for the new guy moving in. One more day in Birmingham.....someone might have been procrastinating from leaving. I do not blame her at all!!! Thursday morning we got a phone call from Heather and she was about to head out of town. We told her to please stop by so we could say goodbye or see you later.... we do not like goodbyes and that seems easier! Heather adores her nephew so I knew this would be difficult for her and me. I love my sister and it will be hard to have her so far away. I just have to think about it as a new and fun place to go visit! Once she got to our house, she visited for a few minutes and then it was time to go meet my parents, who were helping her move. Heather had been holding Christian and when she handed him over he started screaming. I do not know if he sensed something was happening, but he did not want to let her go! I know....that sure did not make it any easier to leave. With tears and hugs we waved goodbye and said, see ya later!!!
We will see her at Easter and are making plans to go up and visit her, when it warms up!!! Until then we will talk on the phone and send pictures! We are so excited for Heather and hope this is just the beginning of something wonderful for her!!!!

No comments: