Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh Baby....or should I say CRAZY???


Well, if you could not figure it out from the title Brian and I are thrilled to let you all know that Banta baby number #2 is on it's way! That is right for all you family members doing the math in your head right now....Julie and I are exactly three weeks apart!!! Isn't that crazy? Debbie and Lynn are over the moon to have two more gran babies joining us this year and within a month of each other!!! My family of course is ecstatic and now they will have another grandchild to spoil rotten! My mom is planning on quitting work completely by October so she can help me out as much as possible when the baby gets here. That will definitely be help much welcomed in our house!


Baby Banta is due on October 15th and since I had a c-section with Christian this baby will probably be scheduled and come a little earlier than that! I will be pregnant through the summer, but it was not all that bad with Christian. I guess the people at the pool this summer will have to put up with seeing me in a bathing suit...SCARY!!! I am definitely afraid of the weight gain this time because I can not or should I say, Christian will not allow me to put him in a stroller and walk! Oh well, the nauseousness I am having morning, noon and night will hopefully ward off the eating! I was terribly nauseous with Christian, but I do not remember it being this horrible! I think are bodies make us forget how bad pregnancy can make you feel and therefore will do it to ourselves again and again!!!!
Today on Feb.25th we went for our first doctor's appointment and heard the heartbeat and got our first picture of the baby!!! The doctor told me that once you hear the heartbeat your chance of miscarriage is 4%. I feel pretty confident with that statistic to let you all know the news!!! We had an early appointment and had no babysitter!!! Yep, that is right we had to take Christian to the doctor!! That is why I am beginning to think I am CRAZY! I can not control one child let alone two!!! I am praying that the next one is a little more reserved and CALM!!! Christian was a little restless and I do not blame him because the doctor was called to emergency surgery and we were there from 8:30 to 11:00!!! There is only so much you can do to entertain a 18 month old! I can definitely tell you it is not fun chasing a toddler when you feel like you could vomit any minute!!! We made it through and Christian was excited to see the new brother or sister he will be welcoming this fall! He does not really understand so we probably try to explain to him more when my belly gets bigger!
Well other than the nauseousness and being tired I am hanging in there! Please pray for us and our new baby...oh and my sanity if you think about it!!!






1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

Congrats Shannon!! That is wonderful news and I bet the Banta grandparents are going to be tow tired puppies this fall!!

Don't worry about being crazy. Christian is going to change so much by then! YOu will be shocked! Anderson is 20 months and is finally understanding not to run off from us and that time out is serious business! Trust me a few moths make a huge difference!