Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Festivities!

In order to keep Christian's life as normal as possible we continue to do whatever we want to do and just drag our little pumpkin along with us! This past week a Baptist Church in our neighborhood has a huge fall festival with pony rides and jumpers, carnival rides, face painting and everything you could imagine for FREE! The festival started at 5:30 and lasted until 8:00pm. Lately it has been very cold at night in the 40's and I was not sure if I should take Henley out, but I knew Christian would love it! We just hired a young girl from Samford University, Stephanie to help me at night from 4:30 until I put Christian down for bed. I have her 4 nights a week since Brian is usually out of town or out with brokers. I can not tell you how great it is to have some help right now until I get a good routine going. Well we packed up the two kids (sounds funny to use the plural kids) and went to the festival. I had Stephanie with me and she had Christian and I had the baby. I have a sling to put her in and that makes it easy to carry her around and still keep my hands on little man. Well, tonight she was not having any of being in the sling. Henley was hungry and I was trying to figure out how to nurse her in this sling inconspicuously? Difficult is not the word I should use to describe this form of feeding! Thank goodness I had a big blanket because I was able to walk around and nurse her and keep covered! Not one person knew what I was doing......wow I am getting good at this moving around and nursing her! Innovation is the key when you have an active 2 year old! The festival was a hit and we had a blast! I have no pictures because that is to much to ask of me when I have two children to keep up with! Actually, I forgot my camera! I wish I had it with me because Christian was adorable in so many ways! They had one of those swings that hangs from chains and swings through the air. The swings you see at carnivals, fairs and even six flags. Well they had a double seat, so Christian and I go on the ride! I have never in his two years of life seen a smile that big! Literally ear to ear! I think that face was worth it all together! He had the best time ever! We left soon after because it was late for him and it was nearing bedtime!

The next day was Halloween festivities at school! They wore their costumes and had a parade for the parents! They actually walked out on a stage and stood there looking around wondering what in the world is happening and who are all these people staring at us? Hilarious! After that they sang a blessing and we had snacks with kids. I think the teachers were the only ones singing because the kids just stood there staring out at the adults! We were all snapping pictures and taking video, looking like fools cheering on our little ones! Christian's best friend Elijah is in his class and they are always together! He is Nemo the fish! Christian is a train engineer because he LOVES Thomas! When his hat goes on he screams, "All Aboard!" I love it! We can not believe he actually left his hat on the whole time! My mom was there too and we all hung out awhile. Christian loved showing everyone his baby and after kissing us all good bye they left to go trick or treating to the different classrooms. Just the first of many fun events and I look forward to always making a fool of myself every time!




No comments: