Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween Night



















Alright so it is November 10th and I am just posting Halloween night. Why you ask? Well every time I sit down to write a post I am summoned by a newborn to eat or a toddler to read a book or something else. I started getting a little routine down, but Henley is now discovered she is alive and if she cries someone will hold her........so setbacks happen! Oh well, better late than never!
Halloween was so much fun this year with Christian. He was able to say, Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween. Reed, his girlfriend Melanie and her daughter Taylor all came over that night and brought Chili for dinner! Unfortunately we did not eat the chili until 9:00pm after trick or treating. The kids had already eaten and we were meeting the Copelands to trick or treat with Christian's little friends. If you have never been to Liberty Park during Halloween it is a definite must see. When I say, thousands of children that is not an exaggeration! I have never seen so many kids in my life. I think they come out of the wood works or something? It is a sight because all the adults are out on their golf carts with coolers and following their children around from house to house. A girlfriend of mine who also has a newborn walked and followed are toddlers because they are much slower than the other kids. Brian and Reed followed on the golf cart and Brian and I tool turns taking Christian up to the doors. Melanie's daughter is 10 years old and kind of went her own way! I do not blame her because who wants to hang out with 2 year olds?
Christian was a little hesitant of going to strangers doors, but once he realized the outcome was candy...well than he was an expert! In fact, I think he ate half his candy as we walked along. His Uncle Reed was the culprit in that who kept opening his candy bars for him!


Needless to say, he was up past 10pm that night! We did not have too many problems with Christian going to doors and in fact it was a problem keeping him from entering peoples homes! When he saw something that interested him, he simply would just walk right on in! I guess he never meets a stranger? There were a few houses that he was scared to go up to that had big mummies or moving witches. Brian and I would have to help get him motivated at those houses. We had a blast and loved watching the little ones running around. We headed home around 9pm because it was getting very cold outside and I was worried about Henley! She was snug as a bug in my sling, but I did not want her cold getting worse! I did not dress her up because she was not even a month old. I did put her in a Halloween onsie and orange pants with a pumpkin hat. She looked adorable! Hope you all enjoy the pictures.

No comments: