Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Fun!








Today Julie, Bennett and Preston came over for a play date. Since Julie is not working anymore it is nice to get together. We should spend more time together since we all live in the same town! I thought it would be fun for the kids to make sugar cookies and decorate them. Since they are still both so young I rolled them out and cut them into different Christmas shapes! It took longer than expected, but we got them cooked and ready to decorate or eat!? We put the icing in bowls and got out the sprinkles and red hots. They decorated trees, stockings and stars at the table. I am not so sure they knew what they were supposed to be doing, but they knew how to eat what they were doing. I think Julie was a little worried about the mess, but it honestly was no big deal. Everything is washable! We both took some pictures of the decorating and it was a fun morning! A great tradition I have always done with my mom at the Holidays and want to continue with my kids! The babies slept through it all and I am sure will enjoy it next year! When Julie and the kids left, Christian and I continued to decorate and he had fun eating his masterpieces!

No comments: