Tuesday, May 5, 2009

7 Months Already?

It is hard to believe how quickly time fly's by when you have children! It seems like yesterday that I was told "you are not going home...your having this baby tomorrow!" I can not believe our baby girl is growing so fast! I have to say, I am sooo happy we have a daughter and I fall in love with her more and more everyday! Henley's smile just melts my heart and I love to watch her discover new things daily! The fascination in her eyes! She loves her big brother and just lights up when he comes in the room! The two of them play every morning on the floor. Christian takes her toys and sits there and talks to her and will read her books! Occasionally he will hit her with one too, but not so often anymore!

Henley is a happy baby, but VERY stubborn! She comes by it naturally, but it is definitely going to be interesting as she gets older! I have been trying to get her completely sleeping in her bed and no swing or anything! I have to tell you it is a battle of will...who will give in quicker! The other night and I am not exaggerating she screamed and went nuts for a solid hour! I had to finally go get her because she was hyper-ventilating! Are you serious? Baby steps, but we are getting there! Henley is not sleeping through the night, but that is not bothersome to me! I still am nursing her and so the self soothing thing is an issue! Unfortunately she thinks a boob is what she needs to drift off to dreamland! I have been trying to give her a bottle every night to get her used to something else, but it is not her favorite thing. Henley will suck on the bottle, but if she is really tired than no way is she taking it!

Henley loves food and now that she has FOUR teeth we can experiment a lot more! Her top two teeth have come in last week and her bottom two, two weeks before! Thank goodness that is over because she was seriously cranky! She loves all food and I think there is nothing that I have given her that she did not like! I have started giving her puffs and yogurt melts. I have never seen a child gobble food down like she does! A little vulture...she even tries to eat the food off my plate! Christian is enjoying feeding her too and even knows that it has to be little pieces!

I should put some food on the floor because I think she would try to crawl too it! Recently in the past week she goes from sitting to being on her hands and knees! I do not think she knows where to go from there, but it is a start! Christian will not be happy when she starts crawling because she will be in his stuff all the time! I already here that's mine all the time! Oh well it is just beginning! Brian and I are so blessed to have such healthy, thriving wonderful children! I thank God everyday for my family!

No comments: