Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

This past Thursday was Brian's Birthday! He had been out of town, but was coming home that night! There was a little one that was patiently awaiting his arrival! We had wrapped some presents that morning and it was all I could do to keep them that way! Christian LOVES to open presents regardless of whom they belong too!


Brian loves to eat at Davenport's for all of you who do not know him and it has become a tradition for him! When Brian arrived home he was made to sit down and open his gifts immediately! There was a helper of course that opened the majority of the presents! Brian is so sweet and just lets him do whatever he wants with a big smile on his face. Brian got a new grill set from the kids and some great shirts and a new belt from his parents!



















We met Julie, Steve and the kids at Davenport's and all had dinner together! The kids were all great and no meltdowns occurred! Yeah! Christian and Bennett are at the age where they entertain each other very well. This summer at the beach is going to be great for them...they play so well together! Julie and Steve gave Brian a great shirt and a casual belt too for his birthday!


After dinner we went home to have cake and celebrate. My parents came over and had cake with us and brought Brian his gifts. I had made Brian a home made cake from scratch and icing from scratch too! Just call me Betty Crocker! I was excited to taste the cake because I had never home made one before! We loaded it up with all the candles and sang Happy Birthday. We had cake and Brian opened his other gifts with help...of course! He received two more great shirts and a pair of shorts. He certainly had a great birthday!


















I had yet to give Brian his present and he was going to get his surprise on Saturday! Brian had no idea what he was going to get and I was excited about what I had planned! Well...lets just say, I now have to find something else to get my husband for his birthday! I had planned an adventure with some of his closest friends. We were all going out to the Motorsports Racing Club in Alabaster, Al to race Go Karts! They were to drive laps around the speedway at 55mph. Now for those who are thinking that is not that fast, you are wrong! Being that the Go Karts are just inches from the ground that is actually flying! Once Brian knew what was going on he was soooo excited! So to make a long story short here is what happened. We are on our way to the Race Club and we get a call from Julie. Julie told us she had called the club to see if it mattered about the weather because it was raining. Julie was told that they were not renting the Karts anymore? What? I had just spoke with them two days ago and nobody had mentioned this! Apparently, they were planning on closing down the Race Club in June. They were trying to sell the Go Karts and somebody came in on Friday and bought them all!!! Are you kidding me? I was furious! There were no Go Karts that day and Brian was disappointed, but I will think of something else to surprise him with! All and all I think he has a great birthday weekend! We love you and Happy Birthday! We look forward to many, many more!






















No comments: