Thursday, May 28, 2009

Congratulations Farron and Wade!

I have to start out with the fact that I am sooo tired if my blogging does not make any sense than it is because of lack of sleep on my end! School has been out for almost two weeks and finding ways to entertain little man all day is tiring! I am exhausted, but wanted to put something on the blog! Since the beginning of this month we have been going and going with little rest in between. The summer is just starting


The weekend of May 15th Brian and I traveled to Houston, Texas to witness one of our dear friends tie the knot! Farron was an old college friend of Brian's from Ole Miss. When Brian and I started dating she was dating Stefano ( Brian's best friend from college). We obviously became good friends because we all did things together. Farron is such a great friend and would do anything for you including giving her the shirt off her back! We are so glad that she has found the love of her life in Wade and they make a wonderful couple! The wedding was so much fun and beautiful. They actually got married at their new home in Houston. The house reminded me of a New Orleans style house and it should...seeming that they are both born and bread New Orleaners! What a great job they did getting it ready for all the people they would have coming and going that weekend! The weather held out and there was no rain until after the ceremony! It was absolutely perfect and we were so glad to be there to watch it happen! We are both so happy for the two of them and wish them a lifetime of happiness!


This was the first weekend that Brian and I have been away from both the kids for any length of time. I was excited about the break away... it was well needed! We were a little concerned for Henley because she was not great with a bottle, but she took it like a champ! I think we are getting close to trying to wean her because she liked the bottle so much? We will see? Brian and I did not have to worry about Christian because he just follows my father around like a shadow and plays and plays! I am not sure if I got anymore rest than if I would of been home, but it was nice to sleep through the night! It was also nice to have some time with my hubby and no children interrupting our conversations! I enjoyed just being able to do what I wanted and not have to worry about anyone else. There were no sippy cups, bottles, diapers or snacks to pack when I went out...just me and myself! I did not know what to do? I think it made me realize how much I go, go and no slowing down with the kids! It was nice to just sit and enjoy a meal with no crying or arguments about eating! Don't get me wrong we missed our little ones sooo much, but it was nice to get away! Now we have a busy summer ahead of us so if I do not blog consistently than you know why!

No comments: