Friday, September 11, 2009

Thank Goodness for Moms Day Out!

It was two weeks ago that my darling babies started and returned back to school! Since there was no school on Labor Day this was a short week and thus taken me awhile to write this short blog! I think that I was the one who was anticipating the start of school more than Christian. I do not think Henley knew what was coming! When Brian and I told Christian that school was starting back he quickly told us that he did not want to go to school! In fact, when we went to meet the teachers he was very upset and did not leave our sides the entire time! However, he is all talk because he happily returned to school and there were no issues at all! The only confusion was that he wanted his sister to stay with him in his class, which I thought was too sweet! When I dropped him off he told me, " Momma big boys do not cry at school!" How cute is that? Now, when I took Henley to her class there was just a complete meltdown! I was expecting this because my daughter is utterly ridiculous when it comes to momma! If I am remotely near her and she knows it than she will cry and cry until I get her! However, when I leave her with a complete stranger that she has never been around you can only guess what would happen! When we got to her room the teacher offered to take her, but I told her that it might be better if I put her on the floor with the other kids to play and sneak out! There was no signs of being scared and she was playing when I left. I thought wow... that was not so bad! I continued down the hall and then I heard it, this horrible cry that would of broke most moms hearts! I just laughed and thought uh oh she just realized momma was not there! I knew she was in good hands so I just left to run my errands. I am friends with the director so I called and talked to her about 45 minutes later to check on Henley. I was told that she cried for awhile until they went on a walk outside and she seemed to enjoy that. Later when they came back in she had to be held the whole time to stop her from crying! Poor baby! I feel bad for her because this does happen to be at the beginning of her nap time! We decided to pick her up early for awhile and let her adjust to the program. Last week she did not go because we both were sick with a head cold. Next week will be interesting and hopefully she will adjust quickly! I need my free time! I took these pictures on the first day of school and nobody would sit still for a minute! We were already late so this is the best I could do!

No comments: