Saturday, September 19, 2009

What nice teeth you have...

It has been over a week since this happened, but I am just getting around to posting it. Christian had his first dentist appointment! I had been weary of taking him because I was not so sure what would go down once we got there! However, the dentist that was recommended to us by a friend was wonderful and his first experience was perfect! I had been explaining to him all week what a dentist was and that they would look at his teeth and make sure everything what it is supposed too. Christian's favorite word right now is "WHY" and usually asks that for just about anything. I can not begin to tell you the conversations that go on in our household sometimes. Brian and I just start making up random stories sometime because we get so tired of answering why mommy, but why daddy? Agh...it can be annoying! On this particular day the question why, kept repeating and repeating out of his little mouth. Somewhere along the lines Santa Claus and all children's dentist became very close friends! I now have a three year old that is convinced that he must behave and brush his teeth for the dentist. The consequences of not doing this will lead to Santa not bringing him any presents ! Apparently, the dentist has a direct line to Santa Claus and will let him know about all little boys who do not brush their teeth! So now every night when Christian brushes his teeth he looks at me and says, "Santa bring me presents?" Now, the funny part of this is that he does not get Santa/Christmas. I think he is waiting for Santa to just show up and bring him a gift! :) It serves it purpose!



The dentist office is very kid friendly and was like Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch! The parent has the option of going back with the child if they want too and of course I did! Christian got to pick out a new toothbrush and stickers. They sat him on the chair and told him step by step what they were going to do. WHY...WHY...WHY was all he said to them. He listened and did everything they asked of him to do. They brushed, counted and checked all his teeth. Once they were done he received a gold coin for good behavior! Christian of course asked for two coins and with his sweet face...got them! He has always been a child who thought one is great, but two is better! The office has a machine that you stick the coins in and get a prize! I think he was having so much fun playing, that I had to drag him out of there! Christian got rave reviews on his teeth and I was happy because it was much more simple than I thought it would be! I forgot my camera that morning, but I had my phone. The pictures are not the best quality, but you get the idea! I have not been able to downlaod them to my e-mail, but I will soon and post pictures!

1 comment:

Mizerany Family said...

I need the name of this dentist...it sounds awesome!