Saturday, March 6, 2010

Big Heart!

There are some days when I look at Christian and wonder who is this little person and how did he grow up so quickly? He has definitely developed into a defiant, quick witted, smart little boy with the biggest heart a mother could ask for in a son! There  are some days I want to squeeze and kiss him all day and then there are those other days...where I think DHR might come take him away from me if I yell at him again! 

I do not think that his behavior is that different than any other 3  year old boy. He is trying to find his boundaries and testing them every minute of every day! I mean, how many times can you tell a child something before they actually listen to you? Do I need to get his hearing tested or is he just ignoring me? I have always known men have selective hearing...does it really start this young? :)

I wanted to post a blog of some of the adorable things Christian is doing right now because he just melts our hearts all the time! Lately, he has this thing were he just will walk up to you, kiss you and say, " I  wuv you mommy/daddy"! We just love it! When you have had a bad day it can make it the best day ever to hear those wonderful words!

Brian has always told Christian they were best friends. Christian will also tell you on a regular basis you are his BEST FRIEND...depending on if you are giving him what he wants at that moment. The cutest thing by far is he has discovered a version of bribery. Christian will come to me and will want something and of course I will tell him no. He will look at me with this adorable face and say, " I'll be your best friend"!!! Well, who can resist that? Ha Ha...I can! I laugh and tell him God put me on this earth to be his mama, not his best friend! I do not think he understands that, but it makes him mad to not get what he wants! However, daddy is not so strong willed when it comes to Christian and his requests! In the same sentence he tells you that you are his best friend he will also retract it! When he does not get his way he says, " I not be your best friend no more." I have to tell you that it makes me smile and giggle every time because it is just so cute!

Some other cute things that he does is talk to Henley! I could listen to him talk to her all day because it is just the sweetest thing and the voice he uses is priceless! Julie and I have talked about this before because Bennett does it too. I guess they here the way we talk to the babies and they just repeat it too, but in their little voices. I call Henley "little missy and cutie pie" all the time. Christian will talk to her and say, " what are you doing little missy, don't you do that mommy be mad at you!" He also will squeeze her cheeks and say, " hey there cutie pie, whatcha doing cutie pie!" I do not pinch her cheeks, so I have no idea where that one comes from? The two of them have gotten to the point where they play so cute together. They run around the island in the kitchen and Christian chases her all over the house saying, " I gonna get you Henley, I gonna get you, you better run!" He can be mean to his sister, but also very sweet. He hates to hear her cry! The other day she was exhausted and I put her in her crib. Henley slept maybe thirty minutes and then woke up crying. Well, I was letting her cry until she fell asleep again. Christian heard her and came to let me know Henley was crying and we should go get her. I told him no and that she needed to go back to sleep. The next thing I hear is Henley had stopped crying? Then I hear Christian on the baby monitor! He was saying, " it's ok Henley mommy is coming, don't cry, it ok." Are you kidding me? Is he seriously upstairs in her room?  Christian watches out for her more than I realize sometimes. The other day I was back in our bedroom and Henley started crying because she could not find me (which is not unusual). Then Christian comes walking in the room with Henley in toe and the whole time he was saying, " there's mommy Henley, here she is I told you!" The whole time he is telling me that Henley has been looking all over the house for me! :)

We are so blessed to have such a sweet, loving little boy! He honestly has the sweetest heart sometimes and I just want to hug on him all day! There will always be sibling rivalry, but right now I enjoy the moments...few and far between as they may be that the kids do get along! 

No comments: