Friday, March 5, 2010

Future Gold Medalist!

A few weeks ago I finally convinced Brian to let me sign Christian up for Gymnastics. He is in that stage were he needs an activity, but not really old enough to participate or get anything out of sports. Anyway, I signed him up to start the end of March, but when we went the the gymnasium he loved it! He wanted to start right then and there! Christian was out on the floor jumping around and playing on the balance beams. Anyway, to make a long story short there were three more classes for this semester, so we signed him up. Christian has had gymnastics for the past three Thursdays and had a blast! I do not think that it hurts that his best little friend is in the same class! The class wears him out! They start off doing warm ups and running around, then they go to the obstacle course. The course consists of rolling, climbing, jumping and balance. They then go over to the balance beams ( there are a number of them at different heights) and walk across those. They climb up ladders, they swing on the bars and they jump on trampolines and jump into the foam pits! Christian has a blast and just runs around most of the time! I am not sure that he follows instruction to well because he is just having fun. When the next class starts after we get back from skiing, hopefully he will learn more! Everyone I talk to tells me how wonderful this is for his balance and agility going forward in other sports! Right now we are just having fun and getting all that energy out of his system! Here is some video of him...it is only his second class, so don't laugh too hard! I am pretty sure he thinks this is a big play place to have a free for all! I loved gymnastics as a child and you never know with his little body...he could be in the running for a gold medal one day! :) No pressure!

Anyhow, the video quality is not that great because I was trying to coral a one year old too! Henley wants to be out playing in the middle of all the other kids! They do not like the little ones running around...so I did not have an easy job holding onto her and the camera! Enjoy!








No comments: