Saturday, March 6, 2010

Unexpected!




I believe that sometimes the most unexpected things can be the most fun of all.  Last night Julie, Steve and the kids all came over for dinner. We have all been trying to be better and proactive in doing things together at least once a month. It is silly not to because we live in the same town and some people are not as blessed to have their loved ones in the same city! The kids have so much fun together and are so stinking cute playing with one another. Henley and Preston just play, but Christian and Bennett are just so interactive with each other. They might not be the best at sharing, but they are getting better! I LOVE listening to their conversations and the things they talk about! They are inseparable! Which brings me to my point...Last night when everyone was leaving, Brian was telling Bennett (who already did not want to go home) that next time they played she could spend the night. Brian continued with visions of crispy cream donut trips and ice cream running through her head! Well, that did it! Bennett was absolutely, 100% not leaving our house! :) Fine with us, but she was not prepared to stay the night. Bennett sleeps with blankies and they did not have them. Christian however, sleeps with lovies and he has many of them! Mommy learned her lesson once by leaving them at Grandma's, so we have extra on hand! Christian told Bennett that she could sleep with one of his lovies and proceeded upstairs to retrieve it for her. Bennett eagerly agreed and we also picked out some blankies of Henley's for her to sleep with too. I went upstairs and they both followed me up to get pj's on and Bennett's bed made...right next to Christian's! I knew that trundle would come in handy one day and it has! Bennett had her pj's on and blankies in tow and was ready for bed! They were so excited to be together that I had to tell them to go downstairs and say goodnight to mommy and daddy (Aunt Julie and Uncle Steve)!

Well, to make a long story short we thought the kids would go to sleep because they both spoke of tiredness a little earlier! Nope, they were so happy and excited to keep playing and I think the cupcakes and brownies after dinner helped just a little! We put a movie on for them to watch and they stayed up and watched it! In fact, neither of them were asleep until 10:00pm or later! That is alright! It is not to often they get to enjoy each other's company that much! They behaved and were quite the little angels! We adore our niece and nephew and they can stay at our house anytime!

Christian is such a stinker and sneaks down to out bed quite often and I use that term loosely! :) When Bennett woke this morning I think she was a little scared because she was upstairs alone. I heard her crying for her mommy around 6:00am. I went upstairs to get her and discovered that she was indeed scared. I took her down to show her just were Christian was and that seemed to soothe her right away. Now, I think this is where we get into trouble. Christian is a horrible, picky eater, so you can imagine that I have everything under the moon to eat in my house. I want my kids to eat healthy, but sometimes it just is not happening! Christian loves oatmeal and in fact eats it four to five days out of the week for breakfast. Bennett too eats oatmeal. I knew Brian was taking them all to Crispy Cream that morning, but I thought I would try to feed her something because it was so early. Henley in the meantime had woken up and so her and Bennett were playing sweetly together. I asked Bennett if she would like some oatmeal and she told me no. She had said that she was hungry, so I was trying to find something for her to eat. I gave her and Henely some of those miniature blue berry muffins, but after a bite..nope that is not what they wanted. Bennett told  she wanted cereal, but she wanted to pick it out! Alright, go ahead. We have cheerios, fruit loops and apple jacks in out house. Easy enough...so I thought. Bennett picked out the fruit loops and told me she wanted to eat all the pink ones! I did not find out until later that she has never had any of those sugar type cereals! Sorry Julie! :( I had no idea! However, she really seemed to like them...Brian then took them all to get donuts where they loaded up on more sugar! Aunts and Uncles are family like grandparents...are we not supposed to spoil them too???















We had a great time with Bennett and her unexpected stay was the best kind of all! Here are some pictures and video I got of them last night and this morning. They all got in our bath tub and played in the bubbles earlier today. They are all so precious and we love them so much!













2 comments:

Mizerany Family said...

Love the photos and video! Thanks again for keeping her. Bennett has talked about going back to "Chicky's" since she came home and will always expect donuts there now!

Anonymous said...

love to eat some of thatpussy