Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Parties at school!

I volunteer for Christian’s class all the time because they do a lot of activities. I helped with the Easter party this year and hid easter eggs out on the playground! I really enjoy getting to be a part of this and watching all the excitement on the children’s faces! Last year Christian was a pro at hunting for eggs and filled his basket completely! This year he was not so sure. He was a little hesitant and I am not sure why. I think some of the kids who are older were a lot quicker in grabbing the eggs than the younger ones! This was fine by me because we did not need all that chocolate in our house! I gave it up for lent and the less temptation the better! They had cookies and juice after the egg hunt and played outside for the remainder of the afternoon.
This year I am the room mom for Henley’s class, but there is not a lot you can do party wise for one year olds. I took them some eggs filled with candy to hide for the class and some cookies. I was not able to see Henley hunt for eggs because if she saw me, it would be all over! However, her teacher told me she was a pro at it. In fact, Henley was the only one who knew to hunt the eggs or pick them up in their case. Miss Wanda told me she just put them out in the middle of the room and let them go get them. Most of the children chose to go play on the slide or with other toys, but not Henley! Henley went straight for the eggs! She has never hunted easter eggs so I laughed and told her teacher that she must have smelled the chocolate! :) I LOVE chocolate and both our children have inherited that from their momma! I think Henley would eat anything sweet for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I believe she is the worst out of all of us in this family! I am supposed to get some pictures and I will post them if I do!

No comments: