Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of New School!


This year in our neighborhood Liberty Park, a new Primrose School opened. Brian and I decided to enroll the kids. It was not only out of pure convenience but, as luck would have it, it is a highly accredited program with an amazing curriculum. I am really looking forward to seeing what the kids learn this year, especially Chrisitan! The school has a hands on based learning program which I think will truly benefit Christian the most. The fact that he will be learning so much but, having fun at the same time is a great concept! Some of the things he does during the day are in the morning they do the Pledge of allegiance, calendar, weather, phonics/reading,writing, dramatic play, computers, music, math and science. It makes me tired just thinking about it all but, I am excited for him and how much fun he will have doing it all! The schedule is similar for Henley but, not so intense. I believe there is a lot more focus of language development, art, music dramatic play, books and lots of socialization skills.

I was not sure how Christian’s reaction would be to his first day because he has to wear a uniform! It saves me a lot of trouble of fighting in the morning with him over his outfits...even though Henley is probably worse than him. All we have to worry about is wearing a red, blue or a white shirt. So far so good and there have not been any issues. Henley can wear whatever she wants because the uniform does not start till Pre-K.


The first day was not so terrible. Henley cried for a few moments but, then it was over. I checked in with her a little later and she was playing contently. She is the only child in her room part time, so she has not idea how lucky she truly is! :) When I came to get her, three other kids had complete meltdowns and I felt so bad for them. One little boy even asked me where his mommy was...so sad. She had a good day and I am curious to see how the next day goes. Christian had a great time and told me about everything he did and all the new friends he made. I asked his teacher who all these kids were in the class and she laughed because half the names he told me did not exist? Go figure...he either made them up because he could not remember or he just flat made them up? Either way he made a few new friends and had a great time! I pick him up after lunch and he know that, so today he had a little meltdown when I was not there right after he ate. The kids who are there all day have quiet time after lunch and he refused to lay down because I was supposed to be there to get them! It amazes me what they remember you telling them. I never would have guessed he would have gotten so upset over that?
He is hysterical because all three buttons on his shirt have
to be buttoned? Do not know where this comes from but, it drives Brian
crazy...I think he is precious!



So far so good and everyone seems happy. I am looking forward to what the next few months will bring and to watch what they learn. There are already songs being sung in my house that I have never heard! I guess that is a good start!

No comments: