Sunday, December 5, 2010

All Aboard...Polar Express 2010

The past three years we have joined together with friends and boarded the Polar Express to the North Pole for a visit with Santa Claus. This is my favorite time of the year, it is magical, childlike and down right fun! Having children brings this season to life and helps me to remember my own childhood and all the fun traditions my family holds dear. This is one of those traditions that we will participate in as long as there is belief.





First of all, I would like to mention that the weather is freezing here in Birmingham. The low was supposed to get into the 20’s tonight. Brian thinks I predict the weather and choose the coldest night every year for the Polar Express? I wish I could do that because I would make some extra cash! I had to go pick up some scarfs and gloves for the little ones because I did not want them to come home with phenomena!

























We picked the 6:30pm train ride. It is the best time to go, at night when you can see all the lights and decorations. The light in our children’s eyes warms my heart like nothing else in this world. Remembering how excited I would get at the thought of Santa Claus as a child, brings back such fond memories. I love that they are feeling that same joy and excitement for this magical season. Well, at least one of them. We seem to have a very frightened little girl? Henley was not just afraid of the train, but you would of thought Santa was her worst enemy. She would keep telling us, I don’t want to see Santa, Brother sit on Santa’s lap. I have listened to her tell me for weeks that she wanted to sit on his lap and now this crazy reaction? I am not surprised because of her age, but she would not even leave Brian’s side for a minute.



















We went with our friends the Copeland’s who have three boys and the Ulmer’s who have a little girl. Presley is adorable and was soaking up every minute. I think she loved all the kids and the chaos that goes along with this train ride. The kids running around, the singing of Christmas carols, the jingle bells, the cookies and milk and of course Santa and his gifts! Since she is only 10 months old, Santa is not scary, but very intriguing. So precious! The Copeland boys are pro’s at visiting with Santa and love it. They do have a little boy, Porter who is Henley’s age. He is not scared of Santa, but he also did not want much to do with Santa on this trip either. However, the older three boys had so much fun. They are like brothers, so a few arguments along the way, but all in all a great time!
















Here Christian was trying to sneak back to Santa. He wanted to make sure he knew what to bring him for Christmas! He was pulling on his coat! So stinking cute!
We had a great time and look forward to the Polar Express again each year! One day, maybe we will get around to watching the movie, so the kids know where the story comes from! I know...

No comments: