Saturday, March 12, 2011

Daddy and Me!

Last year, we decided that we wanted to start a new family tradition, an annual ski trip. Brian has always been a big skier, so we wanted to make sure the kids picked it up early in life too. Brian and I took Christian out to Park City last year and he loved it! We wanted to go again this year, but when I was pregnant, I would have been to far along to go. Brian decided to plan a trip just for the boys to go out to the North Carolina Mountains. They invited our friend Chad McCartney and his daughter Riley to go with them. They already live in North Carolina, so it was an easy trip. They picked them up from the airport and they all drove to Sugar Mountain for a few days.

Chad’s daughter, Riley and Christian got along great. She is 7, I believe and our son loves older women! :) During the days the boys would ski by themselves for awhile and the kids had private instructors to learn more about skiing. Then in the afternoon they would meet up and everybody would ski together! The North Carolina Mnts. are a little different than out west. First of all, it was ridiculously packed. I assume that the people who live close by take full advantage of their location! The snow is a little more icey than normal, but they had just gotten some fresh snow, so it worked out perfectly!

They also went tubing, got in the heated pool and just all in all had a great time! The kids were exhausted every night and I am sure the “boys”snuck in a few cocktails!  I know Christian enjoyed some needed alone time with his daddy! I do not think he missed me until the last night...where he finally asked when he was going to get to see mommy again? I missed you to buddy! :)




My husband is terrible at recording any great moments on video or camera! I told him specifically, please take pictures/video of everything! I gave him all the tools to do so...he came home with NOT ONE picture and some not so good video! Here is what I have to show you from the trip!

No comments: