Monday, March 28, 2011

T-Ball

This is gonna be fun!

This is not hard!


Brian decided this year that he wanted to coach Christian in his t-ball league. When he first told me this, I thought oh no, this is going to be interesting. If you know my husband, than you also know of his lack of patience. Trying to coach twelve four year old kids in t-ball would be a challenge. The kids really do not know the game, so he was going to have to teach them the fundamentals of this sport. They will learn how to hit from a tee, run the bases and even try to catch the balls flying at their heads! Hence the helmets they will be wearing!:) I do not even like balls flying at my face, much less a four year old. We will see how long their attention spans last. I picture kids staring at the sky, picking their nose, watching birds and whatever else occupies their thoughts at the moment. Pretty sure it won't be the game, if I am a betting person. The games will be fun for them no matter the outcome and I for one can not wait to witness them!
There is goes!

Step into it Christian!
The four years olds do not really play their games to win out here. It is more for fun than anything. Next year is when the craziness starts. They actually have a draft? Seriously, is this the big leagues...these kids are...kids! Apparently, it gets ridiculously competitive once you get to the ripe age of 5 years old. :) I think his is where Brian's frustration has come into play. The young kids are not important, so it has taken awhile for them to get their uniforms, set practices and even the game schedule has been disorganized. Their have been some issues with communication on the league's side. Never the less, we got it figured out.














All the kids live in our neighborhood, so they have been holding practices at the park in our neighborhood. They practice drills for thirty minutes and then play afterwards. Works out perfectly. I have not gotten to see a practice because Hen is usually sleeping. However, I won't miss a game! I can not wait to see these sweet angels running in circles out on the field! It will definitely be amusing, another thing that will frustrate my husband! I am curious to see who looses it first...the kids or their coach! The first game is the Saturday we get back from the beach. Should be fun! I will have video and pictures to post...stay tuned.

No comments: