Friday, October 28, 2011

Christian’s 5th Birthday!

 It hardly seems as though five years have come and gone. It feels like yesterday that we were getting ready to bring him home. Now he is 5 years old! He has gotten so big, but he will always be my baby!
There are few things we love about Christian and hope they never change.

First, his smiling face! I do not think there is a moment where he does not just light up the room with his smile! He is such a happy child, full of energy and ready to take on just about anything you throw at him.
Second, his loving nature! It does not always come out with his sister...however, he has such a sweet heart. I see it with his family, friends and just everyday people.
Third, his gregarious and out going personality! He is very much his daddy’s boy! He loves people and loves to make friends. I love to watch him go up to complete strangers and try to meet them.
The last thing is his love for the girls! Already at the ripe old age of 5, he is already a ladies man. The girls love him. In fact, they chased him into a wall at school. He came home with a huge gash on his face. I asked him, what happened? He told me, “ some girls were chasing me at school because they thought I was cute!” Hilarious!!! He will pick out a pretty girl out of no where and tell you, “ She is a hottie!” Thanks to dad for that one. I always thought he would get his heart broken, but maybe he will be doing the breaking? :)

Christian started kindergarten when he was 4 years old. His birthday being late August falls after the start of the year. I wanted to wait and have his birthday because I thought it would be fun to invite some of the kids in his class. I did not want his party to be ridiculous big, so I only invited the boys to come. We rented a big water slide again...there is not much you can do outdoors when it is 100 degrees! The theme was SUPER MARIO! We have an obsession with the Super Mario Galaxy Wii game and that is where it came from.


















Super Mario is back again and becoming popular like he was in the 80’s. There were party favors and decorations everywhere, but the cake pan...not so much. For those of you who do not know, I make the children’s cakes every year for their birthdays. It is something special that my mom did for me and I like to do for them. I finally found a mario cake pan...for a nice price on Ebay. I plan on turning around and selling it again! The cake turned out adorable and the kids loved it.
















We also had a Mario pinata, which the birthday boy picked out himself and helped fill with candy. I just prayed that nobody got hit with the bat! The kids went crazy when the pinata split opened! It reminded me of my childhood and all the pinata’s we had at our birthday’s.






















The party was a success! Once the cake had been eaten, the kids headed back out for more water slide fun! Here are some cute pictures of the kids on the water slide and even some adults!



























Once the party was over some friends and family hung around to watch Christian open gifts. He had plenty of them...I think one of his favorites were his transformer costumes. The kids love to play dress up when friends are over and they have already been washed a dozen times over!








Once everyone left, his little friend Delaney stayed to play. They have been friends for two years now and just are so cute together. They will tell you that they are boyfriend and girlfriend and one day are going to marry each other! Ha...too cute. They dressed up and played on the water slide some more and even shared each others clothes. These pictures will surely embarrass them one day. Delaney loves to play with boys and in fact her two best friends are Elijah and Christian! That night he had two friends spend the night for his birthday. Preston and Elijah Copeland...his two other brothers! They had so much fun!
The Musketeers!

No comments: