Friday, October 28, 2011

My Nastics...

This is the second year that Henley has done gymnastics. It is her absolute favorite thing to do and she looks forward to it every week. Last  year was a mommy and me class and this year she is able to do the class by herself. It takes her a bit to get warmed up in the beginning. In fact, she will sometimes not even participate in the warm up? I am not sure why? Maybe she thinks it is silly or maybe she just does not want to do that part? Regardless, after the warm up she loves to do everything else. Brian and my mother have come to watch her and you can bet she is making sure they are! I sometimes utilize this time to catch up on an email or get some things done, but if she sees me not watching her...well she will scream at me!







They do all sorts of things from balance beams, the parallel bars, floor work, climbing and jumping into a big foam pit, trampoline. The kids have a blast and she loves it. I have tried to see if she wants to take dance class, but no, just gymnastics or “my nastics” as she calls it. We will continue it as long as she wants too. Who knows, she might be the next Mary Lou Retton?


No comments: