Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Little Big Boy!

So I never thought that I would be writing about the bathroom habits of children much less be so excited about it! I have been collecting ideas of how to start potty training Christian because boys are supposed to be more difficult. Anyhow I swore that at 21/2 I would truly start working hard with him to use the potty. I had bought him a potty and everything to get him used to seeing it and being around it. Well this week I started asking him before bath time if he needed to pee in the potty? He always said, "no!" Then every time we get in the bath he pees? Go figure! Well tonight he told me no again after I asked two times and then the unimaginable happened. He got up on the toilet and squatted over it and peed! YEAH! I screamed and ran to tell Brian! We were giving him hi fives and jumping up and down like we had just won the million dollar lottery! Who knew that as adults the silly things in life would make us so happy? I guess life is kind of boring if that is the most exciting thing I have going lately?
Christian was so proud and excited that he literally peed in the potty six times! He was like a dog marking his territory and had some dribble out every time he got on the potty! Hilarious! Then to top that off, Brian took him downstairs to his own potty to try it out and he peed in his potty! The biggest surprise came next when he told Brian he had to go poo poo! I know...I can not believe I am writing about this. However, Christian climbed up on the toilet and did hid stuff! We could not believe this was happening! What a big night our little boy had! Now we have to wait and see what tomorrow will bring and if he will do it again! My bets are not on Christian although I would like to think he will surprise us!

No comments: