Saturday, April 18, 2009

6 months and uh....three weeks!

I have been a bad blogger mama lately because our daughter's six month check up came and went and I did not write about it! I have had sick children with viruses and allergies around my house for a few weeks! Then there were relatives in town and Easter and let me see if I can think of any more excuses???



Alright so Henley my precious, spoiled rotten angel is perfect and healthy according to our doctor. Her check up was great and she is doing everything she is supposed to be doing. Just like her adorable cousin, she too eats just about anything she can get her hands on! Her bottom two teeth are in the process of breaking through and I can not wait to start table foods with her! I am constantly explaining to Christian that Henley can not eat something that he is trying to feed her because she has no teeth!! He looks at me and says, Oh and then trys again!?! Needless to say, I can not leave them alone together when he is eating! This morning he was trying to feed her waffles and syrup at the table! He then smells like syrup all day because he has it all over him! Julie should be laughing about now because another little boy used to always smell of syrup too (Brian)!



Lets see about her stats at six months...she weighed 16lbs 6oz (65%percentile) and measured 26 inches(50% percentile). I am assuming she is now in the 17lb range because she does not turn down a chance to chow! This is a huge turn around for me because I have not had a child who likes to eat! The things she is doing are: sitting up really good and rarely having any falls, rolls around on the floor, kicking against things to move herself and she can even get up on all fours when she gets really mad! Henley still dislikes being on her tummy so she will do anything to get off of it! I am watching her right now and she is playing with her feet which often times find their way into her mouth! Her two bottom teeth are breaking through and she is drooling like a mad woman! I am constantly putting orajel on them because she is soooo fussy! Poor baby I know it hurts!

I love watching her and Christian interact with each other it is so sweet! The other day a friend of mine teased Christian and told him she was taking Henley! He literally started crying! It is so adorable that he loves her so much! Kisses her every night before bed and tells her he loves her! Christian is very protective of her and loves to help me feed her and bathe her. I bathe them together every night because it is easier and he loves to rinse her hair!

Needless to say, I feel so blessed with these two wonderful, healthy babies! I just can not believe they have grown so quickly! My camera is in the shop so I can not post any pictures right now of them, but I will soon. I am going to post an Easter blog next and I have plenty of pictures for that!

No comments: