Thursday, April 23, 2009

Keeping Up!

It seems her lately that our two 1/2 year old is getting more energy? Is that possible? I read in an article that 25% of children give up ALL naps by the age of three! Could this be my future? Never to have any silence in my house again? ARGH...I think I will have a mental break down! Right now both my munchkins are asleep and it is soo quiet in my house! Henley has a "raging" ear infection (the words the doctor used) and has been terribly fussy! Both the kids have not been sleeping at all! However, Christian is not sick he is just HYPER!!! He fights me about nap time everyday and sometimes it is just not worth the battle! I know some of you are reading this saying, "your crazy I would make him", but there is one problem. When and if little man decides to take a nap then he is recharged more than ever! That means Bedtime is a nightmare all over again because he can not calm down! I turn down lights and no rough housing we read books, but he just bounces off the walls like a mad man! Momma needs some down time and if he does not nap than bedtime is 7:oopm! Yeah! It is a double edged sword!

Christian is just an energizer bunny he keeps going and going! I know where he gets it from and it is NOT me! Thanks Brian! I really try to wear him down, but it is a difficult task! The days he is home we play outside, go to the park and we go on a jog...he actually gets out of the stroller and will run behind me! Does that wear him out???Nope! We ride his tricycle up and down the street and he can peddle very well I might add! He has a bike at my parents house that he rides and absolutely loves! I know what he will be getting for his birthday! Christian even loves to pull Henley up and down the street in a wagon and STILL not the least bit tired! I have tried everything except letting him run behind the golf cart... which wears the dogs out!

Well usually after a few days of this going and going he gets a little cranky and he eventually runs down. Hence why he asleep right now. I can always tell when that day rolls around because he throws tantrums every other minute! Oh Well I guess with a daddy who is the same way I did not have a chance. I just can not wait for sports to enter our and help with some of that excess energy! Hopefully, Henley and I will be able to keep up!




Here is some video of Christian riding bikes at my parents house on Easter. Ignore the commentary I was talking to my mother's friend.

No comments: