Thursday, June 25, 2009

Moving, Moving, Moving

I have always heard that girls are ahead of the curve over boys in almost all cases crawling, walking, talking etc... However, I have been waiting and waiting for Henley to crawl for weeks! She has been on the verge for a long time, but nothing has happened! She will be 9 months old on July 2nd and I was starting to wonder if she was just going to bypass crawling. She is already trying to pull up on everything she could get close too! We did not know what was going to happen. I had read that the normal range for babies to crawl is between 8 and 10 months so we were just patiently waiting. So today when I got home from running errands Brian informed me that Henley had crawled to him, just a few crawls! I was so excited that she had finally figured it out! Brian and I laugh because Christian is in for a world of change! He has been helping Henley try to figure out the crawling and pushing her bottom when she gets on all fours! It is really cute because he says, " Come on you can do it... crawl"! Little does he know that now all bets are off when it comes to toys because she can come after them! I admit she just started today, but it does not take long to get the hang of it!

Now for those of you who knew Christian as a baby and watched him crawl...let's just say, it was unusual! He had this crawl which we affectionately call the crab crawl. He would drag one leg and have his other knee on the ground! Everybody that saw it would just laugh and think it was so funny! It was funny and apparently more common than you would think? Well, I guess there must be some genetic link because...drum roll please...Henley is doing the same thing!!! Ahhh are you kidding me? We could not believe that she is just like her brother! Now, she just started crawling today! She does get on both knees so we are hoping she will figure it out the right way! I guess that is what happens when you let her big brother teach the crawling techniques! :) Here is some video I hope you enjoy!

No comments: