Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Christian's First Beach Trip


During the week of the fourth of July we took a family vacation to the beach. I was dreading the drive down because I was not so sure how he would be in a car for four hours. Christian weighs twenty pounds now, so I turned his car seat around. This made the ride a lot better because I put Baby Einstein on the DVD and we were good to go!!! He slept for a little while, but was an angel the rest of the way!This was Christian's first time to see the ocean and the sand. Everyone told us that he would try to eat the sand, but he did not do that. Instead he played in it and found it somewhat intriguing? We took our nanny with us so when it was time for him to take a nap, she would stay with him. However, it was still a lot of work taking a young one to the beach.. no more relaxing days or sleeping in on vacations for me. The weather was overcast everyday and of course it rained, but that made it perfect for Christian to be out! I am afraid he has gotten a fairer complexion from my side of the family. He does not seem to tan easily like Brian and I do. He loved going in the water at the beach and it did not seem to bother him if he got splashed. I took tons of pictures and I can not decide which ones to post. Here are some more of the water and beach.

No comments: