Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On Top of Spaghetti.......






















Alright....I believe that I have been cursed with one of the pickiest eaters on this planet! That are he is in the phase where he would rather play with his food than eat it! I have given up on baby food and just give him formula( which I believe he would be on a liquid diet for eternity if I would allow it) and anything else I can shove down him! If he did not have some rolls on his body I would be worried, but he hardly looks malnourished. I have tried the pasta route and what kid does not love mac n cheese??? Well I'll give you three guesses! Christian loves cheese so he sucks it off the pasta and then spits out the noodle! Crazy I know, but he does not seem to like the texture or just enjoys throwing it to our dog Jetta! Which by the way is my garbage disposal and helps me not only clean up Christian, but my floors as well!
Anyhow, back to the spaghetti and trying a new form of pasta with meat and sauce! Brian is out of town so much that I usually do not cook anymore for just myself. So...what was the special occasion? Besides the fact that I now have to find things for my child to eat my mother and sister came over to visit and have dinner. They have been out of the country in Ireland for two and a half weeks and were missing Christian desperately so they came to spend some time with us! I thought I would make a easy dinner and at the same time try a new meal for Christian! He is in this independent stage where if you try to feed him he will spit out everything, but he will eat the food he feeds himself! I have succumbed to just putting his food on the highchair tray and letting him go to town on whatever he has to eat! I knew tonight would be particularly messy, so I stripped him down and let him at it! I tried to feed him myself and as stated previously... out it came! So I poured it out on his tray and wow did he chow down! I would of thought he was Tony Soprano the way he scarfed down the Italian dish! When it was all said and done I had a huge mess on my hands, but luckily I had Christian, Jetta and my mom to help with the clean up!

No comments: