Saturday, September 27, 2008

So I had a Sprinkle?????

So I have to admit that the first time I heard of a sprinkle it was on someones else's blog! I never knew such a thing existed. A couple of friends of mine had offered to throw me a shower for the birth of our daughter but, I politely declined. Honestly, I do not need a thing! I have been picking up things along the way during this pregnancy since I found it was a girl. I also have a lot of unisex outfits from Christian and hand me downs from friends and family! Well if anyone has ever met my sister they would know she was not going to allow for something special not to be done for our little girls birth. Heather recently moved to Indianapolis, but we have seen her quite often in the past seven months. Since we both went to Auburn she did not want to miss some of the big games happening this year and LSU was one of them. Heather was coming down for the game and requested that she, our mom and I all go out for a nice lunch. Alright.....nothing strange with that and I figured it would just be a nice afternoon. I had no idea where we were going, I just was told to dress nice and wear some make-up! I know.....as a mom it is so easy to just get up and go! Well, I was having a bad day and really not in that great of a mood. This growing child in my tummy is beating me up and down. I do not sleep at all and in fact my OB gave me ambien 10mg and I still can not sleep! Wow! That is pretty bad! I feel every twinge, pain and not to mention some nerve she is sitting on? It has been rough this second go around, but it is always worth it in the end when god blesses you with a wonderful new life!

My sister was so secretive and it was driving me crazy because I had no idea where we were eating and what was going on. I figured out quickly were we going, but was secretly upset because I had eaten there before and not had a good meal. I did not say a thing to her because she was so excited about our luncheon and I did not want to be the party pooper! We arrived at this place called Mrs. Rosenberg's Tea Room. This is a quaint little restaurant in Birmingham that is exactly what it sounds like a Tea Room. They serve small meals and an assortment of hot and cold teas! I am not a big tea drinker it just tastes like warm water to me! Well, as we walked to the door I was thinking how tired and hungry I was and that there was nothing here that was going to satisfy me! I know.....could I be more unappreciative, but I did not know what was about to happen! We walked in the door and sitting at a table in front of me were a few friends and family. I just shook my head because at this point I am realizing what my sister had just done and how much work it took on her part to pull this off from another state! Heather just invited a few close friends of mine and made it very small and cozy! There were only six of us there because I had a few friends who could not make it and my sister-in-law just had her baby two days before, but I enjoyed every minute. I love how thoughtful it was to do something special for the birth of our second child! I did not want anyone making a fuss and so Heather made sure it was small and NOT some huge deal.
They had a wreath made for her to put on my door with her name on it and it was adorable. That is what I saw first when I walked in the restaurant and I can not wait to post a picture. I told my mom to keep it bring it up to the hospital because I did not want to forget it! I also got some great gifts from my friends. Mostly girly clothes and blankets because I had a lot of blue stuff. My mother also thought about me and gave me a gift for the hospital, some PJ's that were long sleeved because I am always cold. They are also perfect for nursing considering she is as skilled as her brother at feeding! Hopefully, that will be the case! My sister probably gave me the most special gift of all besides organizing this wonderful event. Heather learned to crochet two years ago and not because she had nothing better to do! She made a fabulous blue blanket for Christian when he was born and continued to make him hats and booties over the years! Well, for our little girl she made these pink and white booties and a hat to match with a white flower on the rim! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!! I think probably my most favorite gift ever! I would post pictures, but I had not idea this was happening and did not have a camera! Heather has pictures, but I have not gotten them from her. I know people hate when I post a blog with no pictures, but I have not choice with this one!

To finish off this blog I have to say, that the meal was great and I had an extremely wonderful time. Heather was able to customize the meal and she could pick things that she knew that I liked and would eat. We started out with a choice of soup and I had the butternut squash. Yummy! I could of had another cup after the first one. Then we had a plate with three different sandwich's. A salmon roll, a cucumber sandwich and a chicken curry sandwich! It was just enough for me because I do not have much room. If that was not enough, than we had dessert! I absolutely love dark chocolate and anybody who knows me can attest that I can not resist it! The desserts were a little key lime tart, chocolate eclair and a dark chocolate almond crunch! I know this sounds like a lot, but they were small portions! By the time we were done I was stuffed and thrilled at the lovely afternoon that had just transpired! I only wish that everyone could have been there to celebrate this momentous occasion!

I truly appreciate the thoughtfulness of my sister and will treasure this special time forever! Thanks to all my friends who participated, it meant the world to me!

No comments: