Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Date is Set....

So today I went into see my OB for my two week visit. I had full intention of coming out with a different date for her arrival, but my doctor absolutely refused! I am a little disappointed because I was under the impression that my due date was different from what she had calculated. Anyhow, the date is set for October 8th! I wanted the six or even the 7th, but she would not help me out at all! St. Vincents has had some issues with babies being born earlier than 39 weeks by election, so now they are very strict about this issue! Seriously....not even one day before 39 weeks? She proceeded to tell me I could do the c-section later that week on Friday, but I do not want to go any longer then I have too! This date is not set in stone because she could of course come earlier with some help! I am going to try every wise tale I have heard and see what happens! I have actually been told by an OB, not my own, that drinking castor oil will always put you in labor! Yuck! I will wait and see how I feel in a few weeks! So basically my count down is five weeks from today!
I of course am not ready at all and need to get moving on buying things to finish her room and get some last minute things. Christian started school today and that will give me some time to get things done in the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

Shannon- October 8th is a great day! That is Jeff's birthday and if memory serves me right I think it is Steve's too.

So strange....Anderson and Julie have the same bday and Steve and Jeff have the same birthday. Bennett was almost born on my B'day (May 29th), but she was just a bit early!