Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas with the Families

We had Christmas with my family on December 23rd and we did Christmas with Brian's family on Christmas day! It was so much fun this year because Christian loves opening presents! The anticipation was killing him and he loved the idea of Santa. He did not like Santa himself, but the idea of getting presents from him was great! I tried explaining to him about our faith and how Christmas was a celebration of Jesus being born. I showed him out nativity scene and told him the story about Mary, Joseph and Jesus birth. He sang Happy Birthday to Jesus at school and I think will understand more next year, I hope? I just do not want him to be a spoiled brat. I want him to know there is a reason behind Christmas other than presents.



Well hopefully in time that will happen, but this year it was about the presents for him! When we arrived at my parents he knew he was going to get to open gifts. He immediately went to the tree and started passing them out to whoever would take one. Once we got everybody settled and baby's to stop crying we opened gifts. It took awhile because there were eight people and gifts for them all. I think Christian was a little overwhelmed and did not know what to play with or open next. After the presents we had a nice dinner and our family just hung out and watched Christian play with his new toys and old toys! I told my family not to get him a lot of toys this year and they actually listened! He got a few things, but he got books, puzzles and clothes too. Henley did well too she got a cool mat to play on and some baby toys. Clothes are always great with babies too because they grow so fast! We had a wonderful time and thank you to our family for all the wonderful and thoughtful gifts!



We always go to Christmas mass on Christmas Eve and so our service was at 4:30. We packed up the kids for church and went out for a long evening! After church services my family met up with the Banta's and had dinner at Bellini's. Bellini's is this wonderful Italian restaurant that we had never eaten at. The restaurant was not to kid friendly, but we sat in the back. We did the best we could to control the kids, but they can only sit for so long. The dinner turned out to be too long for Christian to handle. He was loosing his patience and hunger had set in. That all equals a tantrum waiting to happen! The waiter brought his food out a lot sooner than ours. He was a dad too and understood the little guy had been good and would remain that way with food in his belly! The dinner was fantastic and I recommend that restaurant to anyone in Birmingham. Christian even toasted to the dinner being over at the end of the night!














Christmas morning was so fun! We really enjoyed watching Christian's eyes light up when he came down stairs and saw what Santa had left behind for him. I think Santa knew Christian did not need alot, he just left a bunch of small things. He got the GeoTrax Airplane and a soccer net to kick into. He loves kicking balls! Henley got a new play mat and some little toys. She was excited too for a baby! HaHa! We took video of this fun event and not one picture! Mommy can only do so many things at once! I will upload some of it to this blog!



Alright last but, not least we headed over to Julie and Steve's house for Christmas with them and the Banta's. Christian had gotten tired of opening presents at our house, but he must of gotten a second wind once we arrived at Julie's. He again started to help pass out presents to everybody! Everyone enjoyed watching him do this because it meant the adults did not have to get up and play Santa this year! Well of course here everybody did and spent too much. I think Bennett and Christian were in heaven and did not know what to play with first. Bennett had gotten a kitchen and playhouse from Santa, so there were toys everywhere. I think both kids got a little tired and had to take breaks from the gifts. Julie and I had anticipated many fights between the two kids, but they actually played very nice together! Christian got an Easel to draw on and books from the Mizerany's. He also got many toys from Nene and Poppy. These children had a GREAT Christmas. I hope they enjoyed it! Next year I am starting a tradition with Christian that he has to pick out some toys he no longer plays with and give them to less fortunate children. I want him to know how blessed he is to have so much when there are kids with nothing! I hope this will instill in him a giving and loving heart.



Julie and Steve cooked a wonderful dinner and we had a great Christmas with our families! Thanks to all of them for such a wonderful time and thoughtful presents.

















I am sure I left things out since this happened almost a month ago, so forgive me. The kids received so much that I am having trouble remembering who gave them what at this point. I have yet to send out Thank you cards, but know they are coming! We love you all and thanks for another fabulous holiday!

No comments: