Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Activities...never ending

This week has been absolutely crazy! From Christmas festivities to birthday parties, parades, dinners, plays and Santa everywhere...oh my!

These were a few things we did this week and then everyone got sick...I figured we needed to slow down and breathe! It never ceases to amaze me how many more activities there are once you get a child in kindergarten! Every corner you turn there is something happening in or out of school and someone asking you for your TIME!

It all started with the Holiday Village at school. Christian along with every other kid in the school got to go shopping for their family members at a Holiday Winter Wonderland. The PTO puts this on every year. They buy some 3000 gifts and wrap them, with help from all mothers who can participate! Then with the help of these same parents, we all work shifts to help the children pick just the right gift for their family members.

I gave Christian enough money to buy for Brian, Hen and me. The gifts ranged in price from $1.00-$12.00. He was so excited to get shopping that morning. I was actually there because of the mystery reader. I helped him shop for Brian and Hen, than I left him to buy my gift on his own. He has tried to give us our presents almost everyday and wants us to open them now. He has already given his sister hers and she opened it! She loved it too. If I could find it, I would put a picture of it on this post. It is a purple mirror with sparkles all over it. He did a great job and took his time picking out the gifts. Going around to each table and examining the gifts until he found the right one. I must say, Brian is the only one clueless to what his gift is because He told me what mine was after he picked it out! I laughed and told him he was not supposed to do that. I can act surprised though because he has already forgotten that he told me what the gift was...

No comments: