Saturday, December 17, 2011

Early Visit from Santa!

For the past three years we have some friends that throw a Holiday Party. The kids are all invited too because Santa makes a surprise visit every year! I think this is by far my favorite festivity that we do every Christmas. There is nothing more fun than watching thirty plus kids run like crazy to see Santa Claus, who has just arrived to visit!



Now, don’t get me wrong. I love to visit with my friends but, the excitement that comes to the house when the bells start jingling is just indescribable! Santa is magical and for the kids it is just too much fun and excitement. They can barely contain themselves! They are running into each other, screaming and bouncing off the walls! Mass hysteria!
Oh the Excitement!
















Once they calm down, Santa talks to them all for a few minutes. Then one by one they are called to sit on Santa’s lap, get a gift and tell him what they are dreaming about for Christmas this year! You can not help but, have a permanent smile on your face watching each and every one of them sit on his lap...waiting so patiently for their turn to come around.








I want...





























There was one child who adamantly refuses to sit on Santa’s lap! In fact, freaked out when he called her name! Yes! The one and only Henley! She is absolutely, unbelievably and incredibly scared to sit on Santa’s lap! She likes him from a distance and definitely wants him to know her Christmas wishes but, no way, no how is she sitting in his lap! I have pictures of her standing in the chair trying to back further away from the bearded stranger calling her name! When Christian was her age he was already fine with Santa Claus, so I am not so sure what the hold up is with her? Oh well, we will see about next year!

Thinking About it....


NO WAY!!!




Got a gift any way!

Now, on the other hand loves Santa Claus! He will take every opportunity to sit on his lap and tell him exactly what he wants for Christmas! I am not sure if he thought it was Christmas day or what, but when he opened his gift this is what he said, “ This is not what I wanted”! He was so disappointed and at first I scolded him and told him he was being a spoiled brat. Then when he looked as if he was going to cry, I felt bad for him. I then had to explain that it was not Christmas and he had no idea what he was getting from Santa. This was just a nice gesture of kindness that Santa stopped by to visit and give them a little something special. He did go and tell Santa Thank You! I never thought it would be so difficult...

Henley on the other hand got her present from daddy who got it from Santa himself. It was...you guessed it, a baby doll! She loved it and it is now her favorite baby of the moment...until she gets another one!:)




The night was a blast and I look forward to this evening every year! I have to thank our friends The Hill’s for always making it very special for the kids!

No comments: