Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The past few months have been extremely busy for our family. I think we try to pack so much in on a regular basis that sometimes time just passes to quickly. During this time of year it is easy to forget what really is important in our lives...God, family and friends. Without these three things nothing would matter, at least not to me. God allows me the time I have to spend with those I love the most. I do not ever want to take that for granted and try to remember it daily. I love my family and friends dearly and thank God everyday that I have them in my life.

As I reflect on Thanksgiving and what it means to me I am so very thankful for so many things in my life. I am thankful for God and his son Jesus Christ who died for us, so we could live our lives. I am thankful for the men and women who fight for our freedom to live as we choose too. I am thankful for my family, our health, happiness and safety. I am thankful for my friends to whom I lean on regularly for strength and encouragement. I am thankful for my church and the people there that help me become a better person every day. I am thankful for this beautiful world we live in and try to cherish the quite moments that help me see it! There are so many things I am thankful for that the list could go on for miles. I hope that everyone took a few moments to look around this Thanksgiving and remember what they were most thankful for and how truly blessed we are no matter what is happening in our lives!

The day was very low key and uneventful for our family. I wanted to relax and take my time. I get so tired of the hustle and bustle of life that is is nice to not be in a constant state of hurry. We were going over to my Sister-in-laws house that morning for breakfast/brunch. All the kids enjoy each other so much right now, we really wanted them to spend time together. It also helps that we love spending time with Julie and Steve too!:) Julie had made a yummy breakfast casserole and they drank mimosas...I just watched the drinking part!:( The kids played and we just all sat around and talked out on their new amazing back deck! It was wonderful, relaxing and not rushed.

Around 1:00pm we headed over to my parents house to spend time with the family. I had both my aunts in town as well as my cousin and her son too. Everyone just relaxed, talked and enjoyed the company. My mom made a fabulous dinner, like always! I ate as much as I could without being ridiculously uncomfortable and took extras home.

It was a wonderful day and what made it even better was the time I took to enjoy it! My love to everyone who helped make it a great day! I have no pictures because I was tired and did not take out my camera one time! Sorry!

No comments: